Speech-Language Therapist (SLP) - LANCASTER, CA
Our client, a patient driven, innovative, long-term contract and full-service rehabilitation
company since 1995 providing a comprehensive continuum of physical, occupational, and speech
therapies to various medical settings throughout California with expertise in Post-Acute Care,
retirement communities, and outpatient clinics.
The Speech-Language Therapist (SLP) evaluates patients with communication disorders and swallowing
deficits, plans and implements patient treatment, plans, and coordinates patient discharge, and
prepares detailed progress reports and appropriate patient documentation. The SLP will also consult
with the rehab team in order to coordinate the most effective speech therapy program.
Licensed as a Speech-Language Pathologist for the State of California.
- Must have valid CPR certification.
- Must have a completed physical examination from a licensed physician.
- Must have a negative TB skin test within the past year OR a clear Chest X-ray within the past
Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluate patients promptly, and within facility policy and expectations, upon receiving
physician referral for treatment.
- Obtain approval for services from referring physician.
- Treat patients according to treatment plan approved by physician.
- Provide differential diagnoses for patients with speech, language, and swallowing
- Complete all required documentation for daily treatments/interventions prior to leaving
- Communicate regularly with the Dietary Supervisor and nursing staff with all dysphasia patients
to ensure safe environment and diet.
- Establish and carry out treatment programs on the basis of diagnostic information
- Ensure treatment programs meet patients’ functional communication needs.
- Educate the patient, family, and appropriate restorative personnel on the specific
communication disorder affecting the patient to facilitate patient treatment and recovery while at
- Assure all required written patient documentation and Company paperwork are completed
appropriately and submitted on a timely basis.
- Develop appropriate home and community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of
patients in their home environments.
- Terminate service when treatment goals have been achieved.
- Submit all billing logs and necessary information on a timely basis.
- Comply with all applicable safety rules, policies, and procedures.
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide necessary training and guidance to student interns as assigned, including:
- Supervising students during the internship.
- Providing clearly defined, career-related (i.e., non-clerical) responsibilities and tasks in
accordance with the students’ academic programs.
- Informing student interns about and ensuring their compliance with Company, facility, state,
and federal guidelines.
- Completing any paperwork required by the Company or the students’ academic program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience required:
- May be entry level or experienced.
- Must have strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
This is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working
conditions associated with the position.
A competitive hourly rate, and we offer one of the best benefits packages in the
Pay Rate for this Per Diem / PRN position begins at $49.00 per hour and would be more -
commensurate with experience.
Some of our excellent benefits for full-time employees include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - Accrue up to 120 hours of PTO for every year with additional 8 hours of
PTO for additional each year of service up to a maximum accrual of 240 hours of PTO.
- 6 Paid holidays and up to 3 days of bereavement pay.
- A 401(K) retirement program with a company match of 25% up to the first 4% of your deferral
Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Basic Life Insurance of $25,000 and additional Optional
Life Insurance available.
Director of Talent Acquisition
Cell: (714) 293-3379